Curse you, Maud.  Now I am thinking of it.  I shouldn't be.  I've got
two proto-proto entirely new systems lined up.

HOWEVER:  Is it possible to repeal R1482 with its silly "protective"
clause:
      No change to the Ruleset can occur that would cause a Rule
      to stipulate any other means of determining precedence
      between Rules of unequal Power.

The answer is, only if we create a rule with higher precedence.
This means (a) it's a good thing we didn't make this power-4; (b)
that clause is not much help, except as a bureaucratic headache,
as once you get a power-3 coalition, some trivial rules ju-jitsu
will circumvent it.