root wrote:

On 6/25/07, Ed Murphy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
5047 AGAINST (see above; existing rule could be interpreted as "voting
        limit on the proposal's current chamber at the start of its
        voting period"; this is awkward, but so is the phrase "ballot
        allotment time")

"...where N is the entity's voting limit on the _decision_ at the
start of the voting period..." (emphasis added).  I think the current
wording is rather clear.  I agree about "ballot allotment time", but I
didn't see a less awkward way to fix the bug while retaining the
current semantics.

How about:

   "At the end of the voting period of an Agoran decision, the first
    N ballots submitted by each entity on that decision (where N is
    the entity's voting limit) remain valid; all other ballots submitted
    on that decision are invalid.  Voting limits are measured at the
    start of the voting period, unless the proposal became or ceased to
    be ordinary during its voting period, in which case they are
    measured at the last such change."