On 6/26/07, Ed Murphy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
root wrote:

> On 6/26/07, Ed Murphy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>>     "At the end of the voting period of an Agoran decision, the first
>>      N ballots submitted by each entity on that decision (where N is
>>      the entity's voting limit) remain valid; all other ballots submitted
>>      on that decision are invalid.  Voting limits are measured at the
>>      start of the voting period, unless the proposal became or ceased to
>>      be ordinary during its voting period, in which case they are
>>      measured at the last such change."
>
> Who does the measuring?

Razzam frazzam.

"At the end of the voting period of an Agoran decision, the first
N ballots submitted by each entity on that decision (where N is the
entity's voting limit for that proposal) remain valid; all other ballots
submitted on that decision are invalid.  An entity's voting limit for a
proposal is eir voting limit at the start of the voting period, unless
the proposal became or ceased to be ordinary during its voting period,
in which case it is eir voting limit at the last such change."

Not very clean.  This redundantly defines an entity's voting limit on
an Agoran decision, since the first paragraph already defines it.
What's more, the redefinition is recursive.

You also seem to be conflating "Agoran decision" with "proposal".
Currently, proposals are the only Agoran decisions defined, but it
would be good to be able to add new types of Agoran decisions without
having to fix this Power-3 rule.  Otherwise, we might as well just get
rid of the Agoran decision terminology altogether.

-root