Geoffrey Spear wrote:
>I'm unclear as to why we need a separate CFJ on how to interpret the
>accusation in the first CFJ; isn't that a matter for the trial judge
>in the first CFJ?

It could in principle be dealt with that way, but no criminal judge
has so far made a serious examination of the issue.  The effect is not
limited to any single CFJ: it influences every criminal case initiated
so far, and will determmine how we initiate criminal cases in the future.
With it being of such importance, it's worth making sure that a judge has
considered it properly, and getting a reasoned judgement on the record.
A separate inquiry CFJ forces this to happen.

-zefram