On Saturday 02 February 2008 10:33 Josiah Worcester wrote:
> I dunno; maybe in this case, the ordinary-language definition
> supplements the rule's definition, since the rule's definition *does*
> seem to be merely attempting to formalise the ordinary-language
> definition. . .

No. R754(3)-(4) clearly state that legal and ordinary-language terms *only*
come into effect when unaddressed -- not just only partially addressed -- by
typo correction and rule definition. To deal with ambiguity in the wording of
the rules, we have to refer to R217, which provides a rather different
mechanism, one completely unrelated to extra-Agoran meanings.
Ordinary-language and legal definitions of "contract" have no relevance
whatsoever here.

watcher
--
But you won't have every kid in America reading your book.
They will look at it, and they will see straight through it,