Goethe wrote:
> Yes.  The fact that you felt the need, in the initial attempt, to give a
> long-winded explanation of your phrase-interpretation, should be prima
> facie evidence for a judge that you knew that your interpretation wasn't
> what BobTHJ intended, and you knew that it might not be what the typical
> contract member would infer, either.  Therefore, if both interpretations
> are semantically within the bounds of reasonable, preference should be
> given to the good faith intent and context of the offer.  Do we really
> have to treat every contract action as if we were trying to make a wish
> with a twisted genie?  It's really rather tiresome.
Well as far as I can tell, that's the nature of Agoran contracts. However,
as I said, I'm willing to try to sort the situation out; it's not worth
permanently unbalancing the situation. I've even made an effort to release
comex from the Vote Market (however, this could lead to more interesting
situations down the line). Personally, I'm beginning to think that there
are fundamental flaws in the way the Vote Market works at present; I like
the concept but too many things are going wrong.
--
ais523

<<winmail.dat>>