Kerim Aydin wrote:
>Zefram, I'm wondering if the abuse modifies your general "Proposals
>should be Free" stance

Not much.  I'm still firmly opposed to requiring payment to submit
proposals or get them distributed, and also opposed to tight rate
limiting and other artificial restrictions.  For the various reasons
discussed last year, I remain very much in favour of players being able
to propose all their distinct ideas, regardless of in-game political or
economic status and without artificial delay, and able to freely propose
logically separate ideas for separate votes.

tusho's `proposals' don't have much to do with this political ideal.
They only constitute one distinct idea.  They don't actually propose any
changes to the game state, and so on a strict reading of R106 could be
disqualified from proposalhood.  tusho's political rights (the rights
that I perceive, that are behind my Free Proposing position) are not
being exercised here and would not be in any way abridged by a process
that killed these `proposals'.  (tusho is also apparently not a player
right now, which also disqualifies them, making this moot.  No, I'm not
worried about em having lost eir rights by deregistering.)

I would not object to a rate limit on proposals, similar to that for
CFJs, allowing discretionary rejection beyond perhaps twenty per person
per week.  The limit should be at the upper end of what an individual
can feasibly produce in the way of considered political proposals.

>                       since you're the one that (tentatively) has to
>deal with these.

Actually these would be quite easy to process on my side.  The consistent
structure means I can simply write code to add them to the master proposal
data file, and that's the only part of distribution that I normally
do by hand.  Recording the voting results (for the historical file,
not part of my official duties) or withdrawals could be done similarly.

I'm more concerned about the inflation of proposal numbers than the actual
work involved.  A thousand proposals is vastly more than needed to make
the point.  (The same point regarding CFJs was made with a batch of a
hundred, back in ~1997.)  And of course they don't need to be actually
distributed to fulfill this purpose: the point is made by submission.

-zefram