On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 10:19 AM, Roger Hicks <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> While I like the idea, I object because I already have enough
> currencies and transactions to track. Change the recordkeeper and make
> any VP transfers pragmatic and I'll support this.

Well, we can't have the VP transfers self-service, because then a lot
of people would "forget" to give up VP if they've been poked.  With a
different recordkeepor who is obligated to cause all necessary VP
transfers, people would have to consult two different reports, which
might be out of sync (the recordkeepor updated that you lost all your
pokes but the Broker's Report mentioning that you lost a VP has not
yet been published).

Perhaps, while there is still another recordkeepor in charge of
tracking pokes and applause, the Broker has to make the announcement
destroying the pokes/applause and transferring the VP, which e can do
immediately before publishing a report.