On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 10:12, Kerim Aydin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Proto-Proposal: a Card Party (new cards v0.2), AI-2:
> (root would you accept coauthorship?)

> Create the following Rule, Cards, power 2:
>
>      Cards are any class of assets defined by the Rules to be
>      cards.  For the rules to define a class of assets to be a
>      card, the Rules must define its Title, its Party, and either
>      its Exploit or its Position, but not both.  Card instances

Nitpick: Are these properties of the _class_ or of all such cards in
the class or both? It looks like you mean both, which would be nice to
clarify...

>      of the same class are fungible.  No two classes of card may
>      have the same title.   Ownership of cards is restricted to
>      players, contests, and the Deck.
>
>      The Dealor is a high-priority office and the recordkeepor
>      for cards.   The Dealor CAN, by announcement:
>        * create cards in the possession of the deck;
>        * destroy cards;
>        * perform actions on behalf of the Deck;
>        * transfer cards between any two entities;
>      however the dealor SHALL only perform these actions as
>      explicitly permitted by the Rules.
>
>      If a card class is defined as Unique, there is always exactly
>      one such instance of the class in existence, and it can be
>      neither created or destroyed.  If, despite this rule, the
>      instance does not exist, or a CFJ determines that its
>      possession or existence cannot be determined by reasonable
>      effort, it is instantly created in the Deck with any other
>      copy being destroyed.
>
>      If a card class is not unique, then any time there are
>      fewer or more instances of that class in existence than
>      a quorum on democratic proposals, the Dealor SHALL create
>      or destroy cards in the Deck to bring the number of
SHALL as soon as possible?
>      instances to that quorum.  However, if the rules define
>      more non-unique cards than there are active players
>      in the game, the Dealor SHALL chose a number of card
>      classes in excess of the number of active players and
>      destroy all instances of those cards.  Once per quarter,
>      e CAN change this choice with 2 Support.

Should we secure some changes to card holdings?

> Create the following Rule, Card Positions:
>
>      If a card has a Position, and the holder of the card is
>      a Player, the holder of that card is considered to be the
>      holder of that position, and have the powers and duties
>      described by the Rules for that position.  The powers and
>      duties of such a position may not be delegated or deputized
>      and are only performable/required of the holder of the card,
>      rules to the contrary nonwithstanding.
>
>      All card classes with a position are Unique.
>

> Create the following Rule, Playing Cards, power 2:
>
>      A player CAN play a card in eir possesion with an Exploit,
>      by announcing that e plays the card, while also announcing
>      any further information required by the exploit.  The card is
>      transferred to the deck, and if possible, the effects
>      of the exploit take place.
>
>      If the information is incorrect, or the exploit is ILLEGAL,
>      IMPOSSIBLE, or otherwise fails, or the card has no exploit,
>      an attempt made by the player to play a card in eir possession
>      still transfers the card to the deck.
>

> Create the following Rule, Parties, power 2:
>
>      The Party of a card class may be one of Government, Opposition,
>      or Backbencher.  Any player holding a Government card is a
>      member of Government (in the Governmnent party).  Any player
Government party.
>      holding an Opposition card is a member of the Opposition (in
>      the opposition party).  These are not mutually exclusive.  A
(capital O?)
>      play of a backbencher card with a target player in the same
>      party as emself, unless the exploit on the card explicitly
>      allows this.
Sentence fragment. (The exploit of a backbencher card is INEFFECTIVE
if its target player is in the same party as the card's player (ed:
put some defn in "Playing Cards" for this?)?)

> Create the following Rule, Dealing Cards, power 2:
>
>      Whenever the rules indicate that the Dealor SHALL deal a
>      card to an entity, the Dealor CAN and SHALL, as soon as
>      possible, transfer a card in the Deck to the entity.  The
>      Dealor SHALL chose the card to be dealt randomly from among
>      the cards in the deck that are indicated to by the
>      authorizing Rule be part of or included in the particular
>      deal.
>
>      As soon as possible after the rules state that a player
>      Gains a Draw,  the Dealor SHALL deal one backbencher card to
>      each active player.
>
>      At the beginning of each month, each active player gains
>      a draw.
>
>      A player CAN spend any two notes of different pitches to
>      Gain a Draw.
How about any tritone?

> Amend Rule 402 to read:
>
>      The Speaker is the active player who has most recently been
>      awarded the Patent Title Champion, with ties broken in favor
>     of the player who has been registered the longest.
The longest period of time being a player or currently a player and
the longest period of time since e became one?

> [...]
>          government cards (one to a Champion), and leave
>          remaining cards in the Deck.
>

> Amend Rule 1922 by deleting:
>      (e)  Minister Without Portfolio, to be awarded by the Dealor to
>           any player who wins the game and does not already bear the
>           title.  If the number of players bearing this title is
>           greater than the number of Prerogatives defined by the
>           rules, then this title is administratively revoked from the
>           Speaker.
> and relettering paragraphs to be in sequence.
>
> Repeal Rule 2019.
>
> Create the following Rule, The Cabinet, power 2:
>
>      The following are defined unique position cards classes of
>      the Government party:
>
>      Title: Default Officeholder.
>      Position: The holder of Default Officeholder CAN become holder
>      of a vacant elected office by indicating the Office, unless e
>      is prevented from holding that office on an ongoing basis.
>
>      Title:  Wielder of Veto.
>      Position: The Wielder of Veto CAN veto an ordinary decision in
>      its voting period by indicating the decision; this increases
>      its Adoption Index by 1.
>
>      Title: Wielder of Rubberstamp.
>      Position: The Wielder of Rubberstamp CAN rubberstamp an ordinary
>      decision in its voting period by indicating the decision; this
>      decreases its quorum to 3, rules to the contrary
>      notwithstanding, except if a proposal is both filibustered and
>      rubberstamped, its quorum is what it was originally.
>
>      Title: Cabinet Secretary.
>      Position:  The Party Secretary may make any ordinary proposal
>      democratic by announcement unless there is less than 48 hours left
>      in the proposal's voting period.
>
>      Title: Chief Whip
>      Position:  The Chief Whips's voting limit on an Ordinary proposal
>      is 1.4 times what it would otherwise be, if and only if e
>      casts all eir votes FOR that proposal and announces in casting
>      eir vote that it is a Party Line Vote.
>

> Create the following Rule, The Shadow Cabinet, power 2:
>
>      The following are defined unique position cards classes of the
>      Opposition party:
>
>      Title: Default Justice.
>      Position: Whenever the Clerk of the Courts assigns a judicial
>      panel, e SHALL assign one with the Default Justice as a member,
>      unless no such panel is eligible to be so assigned.
>
>      Title: Opposition Whip.
>      Position:  The Opposition Whips's voting limit on an Ordinary
>      proposal is 1.4 times what it would otherwise be, if and only
>      if e casts all eir votes AGAINST that proposal and announces
>      in casting eir vote that it is a Party Line Vote.
>
>      Title:  Tiebreaker.
>      Position: When an Agoran decision would be resolved with a
>      voting index equal to its adoption index, the voting index is
>      instead 0.001 more (if the most common value among the
>      Tiebreaker's votes on that decision is FOR) or less (if the
>      most common value is AGAINST).  If there is no single most
>      common value or that value is neither FOR nor AGAINST, the
I think this fails to be effective for precedence reasons. (Change
R955 instead.)

>      Title: Rabble-rouser.
>      Position:  The Rabble-rouser CAN filibuster an ordinary proposal
>      by announcement.  A filibustered ordninary proposal has its
>      quorum doubled.  If a proposal is both filibustered and
>      rubberstamped, its quorum is what it was originally.
>
>      Title: Pundit.
>      Position:  The Pundit can make a democratic proposal with an AI
>      less than two ordinary by announcement unless there is less than
>      48 hours left in the proposal's voting period.
I don't like the "race" between the cabinet secretary and the pundit
here. Can we make it so the pundit and cabinet secretary can't make
the same proposal {democratic,ordinary} twice?

> Create the following Rule, AI-1, Backbenchers.
>
>     The following Backbencher cards are defined.  Unless otherwise
>     indicated in the exploit text, the exploit fails if the player
>     you specify as part of the exploit is in your party, or is
>     the Deck.
>

>       * Title:     Your Turn
>         Exploit:   Indicate a player.  That player must play or
>                    discard a card in the next 72 hours; if e does not,
>                    you MAY transfer a Backbencher card of your choice
>                    from eir hand to the Deck.
You MAY but CANNOT unless I'm missing something.

>       * Title:     Discard Picking
>         Exploit:   Indicate a card that was played or discarded in the
>                    past 72 hours.  If that card is in the discard
>                    pile, transfer it to your hand.
>
>       * Title:     Drop your Weapon
>         Exploit:   Indicate an entity and a card held by that entity.
>                    Discard that card from that entity's hand to the Deck.
>
>       * Title:     Presto!
>         Exploit:   Indicate an entity and a card held by that entity.
>                    Transfer that card to your hand.
>
>       * Title:     Dud
>         Exploit:   You may wish in your own mind that you had a
>                    luckier Draw.
>
>       * Title:     Local Election
>         Exploit:   Decrease the caste of a player you name by one.
>
>       * Title:     Lobbyist
>         Exploit:   Increase the caste of a player you name in your
>                    party, other than yourself, by one.
>

> Upon this proposal taking effect, one instance of each Unique
> card is created in the deck, and N instances of each non-unique
> card are created in the deck, where N is quorum on democratic
> proposals.
>
> Goethe is hereby made the holder of the Dealor office.  The IADoP
> SHALL initiate an election for this office ASAP.

- woggle