On Wednesday 01 October 2008 05:07:01 pm Ed Murphy wrote:
> Pavitra wrote:
> > On Wednesday 01 October 2008 02:26:17 pm Geoffrey Spear wrote:
> >> I submit the following Proposal entitled "No More Monster
> >> Deputy":
> >>
> >> In Rule 2193, remove:
> >
> > That's boring.
> >
> > [Makes fast and sudden deputisation a perk rather than a
> > superpower.]
>
> Wait.  What?

Rather than allow the Monster to deputise recklessly (as is currently
the case), my proposal restricts the Monster to wait until the
officer has violated a deadline, just like normal deputisation. I
left out requirements (c) and (d) from 2160 because they didn't seem
necessary.

I don't want to just take away Monstrous deputisation, because I think
it's a cool and interesting power. It just needs to be weakened a
little. I think requiring the Monster to wait for a time limit does
that. (Note, specifically, that the Monster can't hijack the
privileges of any office whose officer is punctual.)

If that doesn't answer your question, then please restate it at
somewhat greater length than "Wait. What?", because I'm not entirely
sure I see what you're getting at.

Pavitra