On Thursday 23 October 2008 03:40:51 pm Alexander Smith wrote:
> Wooble wrote:
> > I hereby initiate an equity case regarding the Protection Racket
> > contract, the parties to which are Wooble, ehird, and BobTHJ.
> > ehird and BobTHJ are, and have been for quite some time, in
> > material breach of Section 11 of the contract by remaining Supine
> > and thus ineligible to judge CFJs.
>
> Heh, as a Favourholder I wanted to do that myself, but couldn't due
> to not being a Don. Maybe we should change the rules so equity
> cases can be made against arbitrary contracts, or at least
> arbitrary public contracts?

I think we should create a more general solution. Rather than each
person be either a party to a given contract or not, there should be
a third state, that a person can be a witness to a given contract.
Witnesses are considered parties for the purposes of equity, but a
contract CANNOT impose obligations on witnesses. For a contract like
a bank or the Protection Racket, assetholders should be witnesses;
for a pledge, all first-class persons should be witnesses by default.