On Fri, Nov 28, 2008 at 3:37 PM, Elliott Hird
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The rules, by specifying how to handle a breach in the rules, and what
> results in-game from them, have legalized rule breaking. In game, you
> can break the rules if you think you can stand the punishment or dodge
> it, because this is coded explicitly into the rules as the courts
> system.
>
> And this kind of meta-trickery is, in my opinion, very nomic.

Reminds me of the card game where, on your turn, you have to place
down one or more cards of a certain number, and say what you're
putting down ("two fives")-- except you can lie and put down different
cards than what you say.  If someone else calls you out on lying,
you're punished if he's right, but he's punished if he's wrong.  The
fun of the game therefore mainly comes from breaking the rules without
being called on it.

(yeah, I forget the name)