On Fri, 30 Jan 2009, Ed Murphy wrote:
>> Amend Rule 2228 by removing the second paragraph.
>
> Restricted ownership of Rests.

This points to another issue; this makes partnerships into shells who
can commit crimes etc without living up to the "devolve responsibility"
clause in any meaningful way.  Although I suppose if you want to devalue
your property by burdening it with rests, that's a tradeoff, though
perhaps too powerful an option.

But I wouldn't support this with current partnerships entrenched as
they are in offices, etc.--- I wouldn't vote to allow the Assessor and
Distributor to suddenly be able to break every SHALL with relative
impunity.

If it's done with an entirely new class of second-class player/contract
of which a handful are created (corporations with shares?), that's less
harmful (maybe)?  Though more work to create certainly.

-Goethe