On Fri, Aug 7, 2009 at 13:20, Sean Hunt<ride...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I submit that people should consider my past performance of duties in
> all offices, and not just the scam, when chosing to vote in this and
> other ongoing elections for my offices. There is abusable power in the
> Grand Poobah office, but it is clearly and definitively restricted in
> the rules to appropriate uses, as I have discovered. I fully intend not
> to abuse power in any illegal manner; if a legal manner exists, I may
> abuse it, but that is no different from what I would do if I did not
> hold the office, and it is something to be generally expected of Nomic
> players in general. Office scams have a history of tolerance in Agora -
> see, for instance, Murphy's Solitude scam.
>
> Also, my reports are easier to read than BobTHJ's.

Honestly, this was the deciding factor in my decision. While I
considered suggesting to oust Murphy after the Solitude scam I
realized e had performed eir office well for quite some time without
scams. When considering the same with you, while I believe you have
performed the office of Grand Poobah in a satisfactory manner it has
been personally inconvenient to me since you're not using my
card-drawing engine (which means I have to manually record your
deals). Again, no offense meant....it was just the tipping point in my
decision to play the No Confidence.

Also, I don't personally find your reports easier to read, but if the
bulk of the players believe it is so I can adjust my reports to match.

Also to clarify one other thing: I'm not opposed to officers abusing
their powers for a scam, I just think it should (in most cases) lead
to a new office holder. Take for instance my bribery attempt when the
Grand Poobah and castes were first instituted, the abuse of power
quickly got me booted.

BobTHJ