On Thu, 17 Sep 2009, ais523 wrote:
> (For instance, suppose
> I had, instead, said "I think that 4 days from now it might be a good
> idea to amend the Cookie Jar into a mousetrap"; would that be intent?
> Pretty much any sane Agoran would say no, thus showing that a statement
> of intent (in the dependent actions sense) is simply a warning, rather
> than a statement that the action definitely will be resolved.)

It's not R1728 intent unless you specify the "method and value for N"
for each method.  If you do state Method and N, however, you've begun a
legal process called a "dependent action".  You've become an initiator.
It is a multipart action,  but starting the process and taking that
legal role can be said to be part of attempting to complete it.

-G.