On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 4:01 PM, Kerim Aydin <ke...@u.washington.edu> wrote:
> Yes, but at the time you made the instruction to "each player", you made
> (1) one instruction to the AoN (me) which imposed the obligation; and
> (2) an instruction to each other player, which had no effect and has
> no lingering effect, as they were not the AoN and under no obligation
> to follow any instruction.  I agree that the single obligation #1 passes
> with the card, but anyone who gets the card later doesn't suddenly fall
> under the requirements of those ineffectual #2 instructions, or any
> made in the future.  At least, that's what makes the most sense to me!

I think the obligation is to "perform the next action you're
instructed to perform"; the nature of the action is separate (e.g. if
I am obligated to publish a report this week, the obligation is
one-off, but the actual text I am required to publish would change if
the gamestate being reported on changed).

(Do you think it's worth calling a CFJ on this as a whole?  This case
is silly, but might yield interesting precedents).

--
-c.