On 02/24/2010 06:47 PM, Kerim Aydin wrote:

On Wed, 24 Feb 2010, Ed Murphy wrote:
Proto:  amend the relevant rule to say "When a chicken coup is begun,
the person who was Admiral of the Navy at that time".

I think the coup rules need a little more tinkering than that if we're
ever going to use them.  In particular, now that governments can be formed
continuously by creative on-hold-going, coups d'etat won't happen.  -G.

I've of the opinion that's a bug in Government, not in coups, but the current coup rules wouldn't work properly in any case; in particular, a coup d'etat can't happen with only 7 active players (well it could, but that would require the Speaker to have every position).

I'd like to see reform of the Position Cards in general, including making them imposed offices, coming up with some new effects, and possibly using the Government more.

-coppro