Yally wrote:

> Perhaps we should have a contest. Each player can submit a new player's
> guide. Thereafter, Agora votes on which guide is the best and that
> player is awarded a win. Then we can combine the best parts of each
> guide to create one truly excellent guide.

Fragment:

Q.  What do I do if I'm assigned as a judge?

A.  Only volunteers are assigned as judges.  If you want to volunteer,
    then announce "I become sitting" and wait; the Clerk of the Courts
    will eventually assign you some cases.  If you don't want to
    volunteer any more, then announce "I become supine."  (Rule 1871)

    If you're particularly interested in judging / not-judging certain
    specific cases or types of cases, then announce that you favor /
    disfavor them (respectively); the CotC will attempt to honor your
    wishes.  (Rule 1868)

    When you're assigned a case, you should either announce your
    judgement (Rule 2158), or announce that you recuse (de-assign)
    yourself from it (Rules 1868 and 2164).  The time limits are one
    week for judgement and four days for recusal; you can do either one
    late, until the CotC recuses you (Rule 2158).  You can also offer to
    transfer the case to someone else, but it only takes effect if they
    accept the case and judge it (Rule 2164).

    For an inquiry case, the valid judgements are TRUE and FALSE (and
    some others), based on whether the case's statement was true or
    false when the case was initiated (Rule 591).  For a criminal case,
    the valid judgements are GUILTY and NOT GUILTY, where GUILTY has
    some extra requirements beyond just "he did it" (Rule 1504).

    You should explain why you judged the way you did (Rule 2205).  If
    something has multiple equally-valid interpretations, then it's your
    prerogative as judge to choose one (Rule 2158).

    If you're assigned as part of an appeal panel, then you should
    announce an opinion (Rule 911).  If you want to volunteer for
    appeal panels only, then announce "I become leaning" (Rule 1871).

    If you want to volunteer for only inquiry cases / only criminal
    cases, then announce "I become hugging" / "I become hanging"
    (respectively); "I become hovering" is a weaker form of "I become
    hanging" (Rule 2203).

    If you want to volunteer for more / less complicated cases, then
    announce that you change your judicial rank (Rule 2226).