On Thu, 15 Jul 2010, comex wrote:
On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 5:57 PM, Ed Murphy <emurph...@socal.rr.com> wrote:
Yally wrote:

Perhaps we should have a contest. Each player can submit a new player's
guide. Thereafter, Agora votes on which guide is the best and that
player is awarded a win. Then we can combine the best parts of each
guide to create one truly excellent guide.

Fragment:

*Nice*.

Also, ais523 and I briefly discussed some things in IRC:
- A ruleset ordered so that the rules important to new players come
first.  draft: http://a.qoid.us/alr.txt (but it needs to lose some of
the annotations and such, and the categorization is preliminary)
- A mouseover glossary for the ruleset (for terms like "by
announcement", which are a big chunk of the FAQ and probably a big
source of confusion).

I've always meant to get around to re-doing Chuck's scheme on a single page but with sorting options:

 Sort by logical
 Sort by new player importance
 Sort by precedence (power then number)
 Sort by last modification
 (Others of use)?

Should be pretty trivial to implement (I did it once but didn't finish/maintain it) I just haven't gotten around to re-do.

Adding mouseovers to that would be cool.

-G.