On 23 July 2010 22:00, comex <com...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 3:14 PM, Aaron Goldfein <aarongoldf...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>>
>>> I disfavor this case.
>>
>> Me too. Also, comex, no. Don't do it. The whole Space Alert ruleset is
>> riddled with these kind of errors. We all implicitly understand how it
>> works, but I'm sure there are at least a dozen technical errors that
>> will cause all kinds of things to break, scams to be created, and so
>> on.
>
> I'm interested in playing this game "fairly", but there are lots of
> things that I can't even decide whether are scams.  For example, make
> a large map and the ship will run out of energy, then be useless at
> the end; is that intended?

I think the biggest standalone problem is that a longer journey gives
the enemy more threat points, so that an incredibly long journey can
be riddled with a lot of threats. On second thought it would have been
better the other way around: the shorter time you have to try and kill
the Shuttle, the more resources should you be given to do so with.
Running out of energy however is impossible; the Shuttle can generate
3 Charges per day by pushing the Reactor Recharge button in the Engine
Room.

--
-Tiger