Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 17, 2011, at 1:34 PM, Ed Murphy <emurph...@socal.rr.com> wrote:
> scshunt is arguing that there is no existing authorization

in which case your proposed text would not authorize it, since it's not
"permitted by other rules".

Actually, let's just leave the rules alone.  On further thought, the permission
required to perform regulated actions is no greater than to change the rules,
so either all proposals have been ineffective since who knows when because
somehow a rule can purport to cause something to happen without authorizing it,
or the rules are fine as they are.

(Considering the number of separate ways the New Pedanticism has found the
rules to have been broken for years, I don't know why we don't declare this
nomic dead and move to B, whose ruleset has at least historically supported
massive gamestate recalculation.)