On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 1:46 PM, Kerim Aydin <ke...@u.washington.edu> wrote:
> Logic:
> 1.  An Instrument explicitly CANNOT make changes > power (R2140);
> 2.  Exceptio probat regulam; therefore an instrument generally CAN make
> changes =< power.
> [Note: I admit it's arguable and therefore safer to a scam to use the rule.]

I really don't think this would be held up.

1. Once an Agoran decision has been resolved, its outcome CANNOT be
changed in any way.
2. Exception probat regulam; therefore before an Agoran decision has
been resolved, its outcome CAN be changed by announcement.

1. A document-defined entity's name CANNOT be changed to be the same
as another document-defined entity's name.
2. Therefore an non-document-defined entity CAN have its name changed
to be the same as a document-defined entity's name by announcement.