On Sun, 2011-03-20 at 18:29 +0000, Charles Walker wrote:
> I agree with all that, but you seem to be having a debate based on the
> assumption that increasing the number of active players in an
> impossible task. Would it really be that hard?

Well, the point is that it's entirely plausible, and the sort of thing
you'd expect someone to achieve if they promised they would. However,
there's a chance they'd fail due to elements outside their control.

This is quite different from the Vladivostok Telephone Directory
situation, which as far as I could tell was almost completely
impossible, and also impossible to opt out of (except by deregistering;
omd argued that not even deregistering got you out of the situation). I
suppose I'm one of those people who's mildly curious to see what, say,
omd does with trying to creatively violate the rules, while myself
thinking that it's an abhorrent thing to do and that nobody should be
forced to do so. This may well be an inconsistent opinion, I suppose.

--
ais523