Turiski wrote:

> 2125 (and 478,
> Fora) is one of the rules I don't really understand. If I understand
> correctly, the reason that my action does not succeed in my intent
> falls under the "In particular..." clause, right?

Indirectly, as a side effect of tripping over the rules on timing of
actions.

Rule 2125 explicitly limits ISIDTID:

  c) If the rules regulate when something can be done, then it can't
     be done in any way not mentioned in the rules.  Examples:

       - Rule 869 says "A second-class person CAN register with Agoran
         Consent"), so if a second-class person just announces "I
         register", then e doesn't register.

       - Rule 2230 says "A player CAN publish a Notice of Violation
         (NoV) with N support, ...", so if a non-player (or a player
         with insufficient support) just announces "I publish the
         following Notice of Violation", then it doesn't count as
         being a Notice of Violation.

  e) If the rules require someone to track information, then actions
     that would modify that information can't be done in any way not
     mentioned in the rules.

Rule 478 explicitly defines "by announcement" as basically "ISID
and Rule 478 declares it effective TID".