On Fri, Jul 19, 2013 at 4:34 PM, Tanner Swett <swe...@mail.gvsu.edu> wrote:
> Rule 106 states, "Except as prohibited by other rules, a proposal that takes
> effect CAN and does, as part of its effect, apply the changes that it
> specifies." So I don't see a precedence issue here.

Good point, I forgot about that clause.  However...

> Hm, this seems like it could be scammed. If a rule of power 1.1 were enacted,
> stating, "A proposal with power greater than 1 CANNOT apply any changes",
> then Rule 106 would follow this instruction, thereby preventing proposals
> with greater power from taking effect.

Thus "Preventing a proposal from taking effect is a secured change".
I interpret categorically preventing a proposal from making changes as
preventing it from taking effect (however, I think the sneaky tricks
my Wisconsin proposal would play would be able to get around this -
timing attacks are fun.)

> Rule 991 states that a subclass of judicial case has features "as defined by
> other rules". Could a power-1 rule state that a Dictatorship Case is a class
> of judicial case, and one of its features is that upon being created, its
> power is immediately set to 2, then it immediately creates a power-2 rule
> giving Queen Davy a dictatorship?

I doubt any judge would hold that interpretation up.