On Sat, 8 Feb 2014, Fool wrote:
> On 2014-02-07 7:13 AM, Kerim Aydin wrote:
> > It's actually settled law (supported by factual evidence) that the
> > First Game ended, a new Speaker took the position, and Agora continued.
> > (it's documented in at least one CFJ; no database up right now so
> > don't remember which one).  -G.
>
> Yes, previous tradition says the game continues. How was that even in dispute?
> The question is whether under the _current ruleset_, which has changed a lot,
> winning the game ends it.

I agree.  I was replying to Yally's suggestion that Michael was still
speaker - that's the settled fact that's not in dispute.

My argument for the current situation is much weaker.  I'm simply saying
that R104 (a current rule) *implies* that "games" can be arranged in
an ordinal set within a larger continuous whole, thereby *suggesting*
that adding another finished game to the set doesn't end the continuity.

It's a weak implication, but it *is* a current rule, and the rules
are otherwise completely silent, so it's among the reasons to tip in
the direction of game continuity.

Incidentally, in thinking about this I accidentally lost The Game.

-G.