On Aug 22, 2014, at 2:58 PM, Kerim Aydin wrote:
> 2.  You would need some basic definition of how "informal regulations"
> are made and changed.  What does "informal" mean, anyway?  Anyone
> can change them?  No one has to obey them?  These could fit the
> common definition of an "informal" regulation!

Yeah, this is probably the big problem with the proto-proposal.  Parts of it
are vague on purpose—but I suppose being unambiguous is probably a good thing
here.

Deutero-proposal:

Enact a rule, titled "The Province of Agora":

     The Province of Agora is a subgame whose state comprises the
     imagined state of an imaginary region.  The Dungeon Master is an
     office.

     Each player controls exactly one imaginary player character in
     the Province.  (If this character dies, a new one is created.)
     Whenever a player announces that this player takes an action, the
     Dungeon Master SHALL announce the imaginary result of the action
     in a timely fashion.  E MAY state that the result is anything
     whatsoever (subject to other rules), but e SHOULD choose a result
     that follows common sense, precedent, and Agoran consensus.

     The Dungeon Master's weekly report includes a summary of what has
     happened in the Province since the previous report.  The Dungeon
     Master's monthly report includes a summary of the entire publicly
     known state of the Province.  Again, these summaries MAY be
     anything whatsoever (subject to other rules), but they SHOULD
     follow common sense, precedent, and Agoran consensus.

Under the deutero-proposal, the only actual Agoran gamestate is stuff related
to the office of Dungeon Master and its obligations to announce stuff. The
deutero-proposal anticipates that other rules will be made governing the
Province in more detail.

—the Warrigal