On 01/14/2017 01:40 AM, Owen Jacobson wrote:
Any player’s or organization’s balance, I think?

Oh yeah, might as well protect both while we're at it.

In effect,

Supply Level is a singleton switch, tracked by the Secretary, whose only
possible value is 1000.

Let me make sure I understand the intent: if this only defined a switch, then
proposals of AI=1 could adjust it. Because it’s in a rule with P=3, only
proposals with AI=3 or higher can adjust the switch, and only if they also
adjust the rule text?

In any case, if the “pay” action is zero-sum, then this is formally
unnecessary, but almost certainly a good idea, and it generalizes well. It
might be nice to have a mechanism for trueing up Agora’s economy to the Supply
Level, though, without changing it. If someone invents a way to mint or destroy
shinies, it probably shouldn’t take an AI=3 proposal that adds or removes at
least one shiny just to restore the status quo.

What about allowing the Secretary to true up Agora’s account in a similar
fashion, with notice or with N consent?
You've got the intent right. My concern with making it easier is that a single person or group can attempt to lower the supply to zero when they have more money than everyone else, preventing others from obtaining more. This is even more possible with the existence of the vote market.(Obtain cash, make proposal, buy enough votes)

Automatic or simple methods to true-up are vulnerable to a variant of that scam where the scammer(s) first create shinies in eir own possession, and then adjust the balance.

I might be over-cautious; it's worth considering convenience versus scam protection here.