>  And finally, I learned about the difference between traditional
(tategaki)
    and modern (yokogaki) ordering in Japanese today!  I'd always wondered
why
    I was confused about that (looking at Japanese text from different
sources)
    but never got around to looking it up.  So thanks for that :).

Your Arabic thing also solves my problem of trying to write a piece of text
in Japanese that makes sense when read in both directions the language can
be read.

天火狐