> On Sep 7, 2017, at 8:19 PM, Cuddle Beam <cuddleb...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >I pay Agora 1 sh. to pend this proposal.
>
> Philosophical hocus pocus but you have pretty much paid the action of
> performing that very payment itself (or at least part of the payment is),
> because Agora itself is: "a game of Nomic, wherein Persons, acting in
> accordance with the Rules, communicate their game Actions and/or results of
> these actions via Fora <https://agoranomic.org/ruleset/#Rule478> in order to
> play the game."
>
> So. You paid the game, but the game itself is made up all of our actions,
> including the payment you just did. So there's a part of your payment that
> paid itself.

This philosophical conundrum is directly addressed in the rule titled “Assets.”
Payment is the transfer of an asset from one owner to another, and Agora, in
the abstract, is defined as being able to own assets (as well as being able to
own Shinies specifically). We could just as easily define a separate legal
fiction to be the fallback owner for assets.

Treating the game itself as an abstract entity has a fairly long history in
Agora. Have a look at the definition of “singleton” switches, and associated
CFJs, too.

-o