On Fri, Sep 8, 2017 at 11:15 PM, Ørjan Johansen <oer...@nvg.ntnu.no> wrote:
> On Sat, 9 Sep 2017, Owen Jacobson wrote:
>
>>    {{{
>>        In a timely fashion after the start of June 1 of each year, the
>>        Herald SHALL propose a set of Regulations governing a Birthday
>>        Tournament for that year; the Herald CAN also delegate the
>>        responsibility for creating or running the tournament to
>>        another player, with that player's consent, by announcement.
>>    }}}
>

> Misses the initial SHALL (it is clear from the rest of the rule that it's
> not speaking about making a Proposal).
>
>>    Amend rule 1607 ("Distribution") by replacing the third paragraph
>>    with:
>>
>>    {{{
>>        The Promotor CAN distribute a proposal which is in the Proposal
>>        Pool at any time, by announcement. The Promotor SHALL NOT
>>        distribute proposals which are not pending.
>>    }}}
>

> I don't think this one is needed, because the definition of distribution
> resolves to an Agoran decision initiation, described as a publishing action
> elsewhere. In fact adding "by announcement" might do more harm than good.

It shouldn't do any harm as far as I'm concerned. I distribute
proposals like this:

"I hereby distribute each listed proposal, initiating the Agoran
Decision of whether to adopt it, and removing it from the proposal
pool. For this decision, the vote collector is the Assessor, the
quorum is 3.0 and the valid options are FOR and AGAINST (PRESENT is
also a valid vote)."

That phrasing works fine either way.

-Aris