I agree it's just as reasonable either way - point is that you want stick
with a consistent interpretation, and the last time it came up, that was
the decision.  Perfectly valid to propose an explicit clarifying line to
R478 and put it to a vote.

I would personally always forget to look for the action in the subject
line, so I would vote for a clarification of "message text only".  But
that's preference not logic.