I was intending to propose a minimum value at least for stamps. Same idea
different implementation.

On Sep 26, 2017 7:00 PM, "Kerim Aydin" <ke...@u.washington.edu> wrote:

On Tue, 26 Sep 2017, Nic Evans wrote:
>    If a player has not received one since e most recently became a
>    player, any player CAN, by announcement, cause em to receive a
>    Welcome package. When a player receives a Welcome Package:
>
>       * Agora transfers em 1/10th the FV in shinies and

I was going to say this could hurt a poor player coming in during a low FV,
but that made me realize that there's a deeper issue that could have a
simple fix.

Part of the issue, I think, is that when FV goes low, the whole pricing
structure pancakes due to rounding.  How about the following instead:

        - The Base Value is 1/40 the FV, minimum 1.
        - Proposals cost 2 x BV
        - Stamps cost 8 x BV

etc.

This would preserve the relative structure regardless of FV, and for example
make sure a new player could always pend 2 proposals the week e comes in.
Stamps would still be relatively cheap investment at 1 BV but would actually
raise some funds for Agora when bought.