On Fri, 6 Oct 2017 at 01:57 Owen Jacobson <o...@grimoire.ca> wrote:

> How does forking this out of the original (and quite old) rule change its
> interaction with other rules, under rule 1030 (“Precedence between Rules”)?
> I can’t see any obvious differences, but I wanted to draw attention to this
> in case others with more insight spot anything.

To the best of my efforts, there aren't any conflicts, so it shouldn't
matter.

This is a new and different definition of ENDORSE than what is presently
> the case, though I suspect that for all possible Agoran Decisions under
> current rules they are interchangeable.
>
> You’ve done away with RENOUNCE. To my knowledge I’ve never seen it used
> anyways.

Denounce is fundamentally broken since the other person can just flip their
vote to manipulate yours, if the voting strength is higher. I also have
basically never seen it used.

> Is it automatic that if the final list is empty, the ballot is equivalent
> to PRESENT?

Hmm, I guess it evaluates to an empty list. I don't think that's a problem
though; the empty list is a valid vote that ends up working exactly like
PRESENT except that it is not, formally, PRESENT. There is no meaningful
distinction under the current rules.