>>> 2. I need to draft a proposal that, somehow, ratifies the results of all
>>> shiny-related and stamp-related actions since July 30th, when nichdel
>>> attempted to create the first stamp. This proposal also needs a catch-all
>>> clause to cause it to ratify shiny actions taken after this proposal is
>>> submitted but before it passes, or we need a gentleagorans’ agreement not
>>> to do anything with shinies or stamps for the duration.
>>
>> Having slept on this a bit, and understanding the ratification process a bit
>> better, I think this proposal will comprise two parts:
>>
>> 1. A condition that matches only the prior actions that would fall under
>> principle 1 and ratifies them in place with the rules retroactively changed,
>> and
>>
>> 2. A list of all such actions known at the time of writing for the proposal,
>> by reference (through links into the archives).
>>
>> The latter acts as a fallback in case the former is inadequate in some way,
>> while the former allows players to continue transacting nominal shinies
>> without losing those transactions when ratification happens.
>>
>> Does this seem reasonable?
>
> I spoke to ais523 privately, and to a few other folks, and it sounds like
> ratifying the Secretary’s report (which happens automatically) and turning a
> benign blind eye to the fact that the Promotor may have been distributing
> proposals which were not pending (which the Promotor CAN do, but MUST NOT do)
> should be sufficient.
>
> We may want to ratify the ruleset, as well, once we’re sure the typographical
> issues and accidental omissions people have been discovering are sorted out,
> but I don’t think it’s urgent so long as the proposal cycle itself isn’t
> compromised, and it doesn’t sound like it is.
>
> With that in mind, I believe no further action is required on this front once
> the proposals mentioned above are enacted.

Closing the loop on this: I’m about to initiate an attempt to ratify the most
recent revision of the Treasuror’s report, which should settle this once and
for all. The relevant parts appear to be self-ratifying, but ratifying the
whole report will make sure any bits that don’t self-ratify are correct.

-o