Especially scams on new big systems.

In my mind, it points to the age-old problem of watching the watchmen.

Every time we have criminal punishments, we either (a) have a cumbersome,
process-laden system of justice that drags things out to the point of
apathy (e.g. Agoran Consent for pledges).  Or (b) we have a Sheriff of
some kind that can insta-punish - and that power eventually results in a
scam.  I'm not sure we've ever gotten the balance right (though a couple
of the systems have gotten closer than this one).