Comments inline

On Thu, Apr 12, 2018, 18:47 Aris Merchant <
thoughtsoflifeandligh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Title: Crystals
> Adoption index: 2.0
> Author: Aris
> Co-author(s):
>

> [I'm changing it so that players CAN upgrade facilities they don't own,
> let me know if that's a problem.]

Not necessarily a problem, but I struggle to see an application for such
abilities outside of maybe bribery or something.

Amend Rule 2562, Facility Ranks, to read as follows:

>   Rank is a secured facility switch tracked by the Cartographor defaulting
>   to 1, with possible values of all positive integers.
>
>   A player CAN increase the rank of a facility that is at eir location by
>   exactly 1 by announcement by paying any upgrade costs of the facility for
>   that specific rank, provided that e has not already done so twice for
> that
>   facility in the same Agoran week. A player CAN increase the rank of a
>   facility by N by announcement by destroying N crystals in eir possession.

To clarify, you can increase the rank of any facility anywhere with
crystals, but you can only increase the rank of facilities without crystals
on that LU? That's what it seems like. If this is not the intent, revise
the proposal. If this is the intent, it could be phrased more obviously.

Enact a new rule, entitled "Crystals" (Power = 2.0), with the following text

>   Crystals, are a currency, with the Treasuror as their recordkeepor.
>   They may be owned by Agora, persons, and contracts. The following units
>   are defined:
>
>   - Bronze Crystal, 1 crystal
>   - Silver Crystal, 2 crystals
>   - Gold Crystal, 4 crystals
>   - Platinum Crystal, 8 crystals

I'm not sold on these names since they really don't sound very crystalline.
Perhaps types of gems like "quartz, ruby, diamond, tanzanite"? That's just
my opinion though.

Amend the rule defining welcome packages by adding as a new item,
> appropriately
> numbered, at the end of the list "1 Bronze Crystal".

I'm fine with this as long as those with welcome packages are also given
the same gift.

Amend Rule 2483, Economics, by changing the text "The following currencies
> are
> defined, and are tracked by the Treasuror." to read "The following
> currencies,
> known collectively as economic currencies, are defined, and are tracked by
> the
> Treasuror."
> Enact a new rule, "Crystal Rewards" (Power = 2.0), with the following text:
>
>   When a person wins the game, if e has not won in the preceding month, 1
> Bronze
>   Crystal is created in eir possession.

I am not sure how much I approve of this. You said you wanted the price of
crystals to be crazy high. I feel like this kinda devalues them.

  A player CAN, by announcement, destroy a crystal in eir possession
>   to create 5 economic currencies of specified, possibly varying type.

So you get to choose? I'm actually a fan of that. It's like a last-ditch
effort if you really are scrapped for resources but happen to have a
crystal you haven't used.

[I expect the above to be expanded in future.]

> Enact a new rule, entitled "Crystal Auctions" (Power = 2.0), with the
> following
> text:
>
>   At the beginning of each month, the Treasuror CAN and SHALL initiate an
>   auction. For this auction, the announcer is the Treasuror, the
> auctioneer is
>   Agora, the minimum bid is 1, and there is one lot, chosen as follows:

Interesting idea. I like the idea of having a schedule.

    - January: Gold Crystal