On Fri, Apr 13, 2018 at 9:56 AM Reuben Staley <reuben.sta...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Comments inline
>
> On Thu, Apr 12, 2018, 18:47 Aris Merchant <
> thoughtsoflifeandligh...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Title: Crystals
> > Adoption index: 2.0
> > Author: Aris
> > Co-author(s):
> >

> > [I'm changing it so that players CAN upgrade facilities they don't own,
> > let me know if that's a problem.]
> >

> Not necessarily a problem, but I struggle to see an application for such
> abilities outside of maybe bribery or something

Mostly so people can upgrade contract land units.

Amend Rule 2562, Facility Ranks, to read as follows:

> >   Rank is a secured facility switch tracked by the Cartographor
> defaulting
> >   to 1, with possible values of all positive integers.
> >
> >   A player CAN increase the rank of a facility that is at eir location by
> >   exactly 1 by announcement by paying any upgrade costs of the facility
> for
> >   that specific rank, provided that e has not already done so twice for
> > that
> >   facility in the same Agoran week. A player CAN increase the rank of a
> >   facility by N by announcement by destroying N crystals in eir
> possession.
> >

> To clarify, you can increase the rank of any facility anywhere with
> crystals, but you can only increase the rank of facilities without crystals
> on that LU? That's what it seems like. If this is not the intent, revise
> the proposal. If this is the intent, it could be phrased more obviously.

Yep, that's what I'm going for. I'll make it more explicit.

> Enact a new rule, entitled "Crystals" (Power = 2.0), with the following
> text
> >
> >   Crystals, are a currency, with the Treasuror as their recordkeepor.
> >   They may be owned by Agora, persons, and contracts. The following units
> >   are defined:
> >
> >   - Bronze Crystal, 1 crystal
> >   - Silver Crystal, 2 crystals
> >   - Gold Crystal, 4 crystals
> >   - Platinum Crystal, 8 crystals
> >

> I'm not sold on these names since they really don't sound very crystalline.
> Perhaps types of gems like "quartz, ruby, diamond, tanzanite"? That's just
> my opinion though.

I thought of that, but those don't form as clear a hierarchy. I'm not set
on this though,

> Amend the rule defining welcome packages by adding as a new item,
> > appropriately
> > numbered, at the end of the list "1 Bronze Crystal".
> >

> I'm fine with this as long as those with welcome packages are also given
> the same gift.

No, that would flood the market. The idea is that people get them one at a
time when the register, not all at once right now.

> Amend Rule 2483, Economics, by changing the text "The following currencies
> > are
> > defined, and are tracked by the Treasuror." to read "The following
> > currencies,
> > known collectively as economic currencies, are defined, and are tracked
> by
> > the
> > Treasuror."
> > Enact a new rule, "Crystal Rewards" (Power = 2.0), with the following
> text:
> >
> >   When a person wins the game, if e has not won in the preceding month, 1
> > Bronze
> >   Crystal is created in eir possession.
> >

> I am not sure how much I approve of this. You said you wanted the price of
> crystals to be crazy high. I feel like this kinda devalues them.

Consider how rarely people actually win. I think the last one was in
December?

>   A player CAN, by announcement, destroy a crystal in eir possession
> >   to create 5 economic currencies of specified, possibly varying type.
> >

> So you get to choose? I'm actually a fan of that. It's like a last-ditch
> effort if you really are scrapped for resources but happen to have a
> crystal you haven't used.

Yeah. I might actually go up to 10 in the next version, but it shouldn't be
enough that people do it on a regular basis.

> [I expect the above to be expanded in future.]
> >
> > Enact a new rule, entitled "Crystal Auctions" (Power = 2.0), with the
> > following
> > text:
> >
> >   At the beginning of each month, the Treasuror CAN and SHALL initiate an
> >   auction. For this auction, the announcer is the Treasuror, the
> > auctioneer is
> >   Agora, the minimum bid is 1, and there is one lot, chosen as follows:
> >

> Interesting idea. I like the idea of having a schedule.

The idea is that rarity would drive up bidding even further when something
higher than a silver up for auction.

-Aris