On Wed, 2018-06-20 at 13:17 -0700, Aris Merchant wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 20, 2018 at 12:33 PM Alex Smith <ais...@alumni.bham.ac.uk>
> wrote:
> > For what it's worth, I've opened the FLR in question so you couldn't
> > now change it and have me see the new version (and the use of Github as
> > an intermediary, who keep backups of old versions, means that your TDOC
> > is ill-defined here but probably doesn't contain the repository). That
> > said, I thought the whole TDOC precedent got discredited anyway at some
> > point?
>

> It did, sort of. It's not the time when it leaves the sender's TDOC (as
> suggested by CFJ 1314), it's more like the time when it enters the
> receiver's TDOC (CFJs 1905 and 866). For all of the players are staring
> confusedly at us right now, TDOC means technical domain of control, and
> originates in CFJ 866. I'm having trouble believing that it's universally
> impossible to publish a report by reference.

Now I'm beginning to get concerned as to whether the URL itself self-
ratifies, and whether that ratifies the content visible via it at the
time. G. is right in that only the parts of the message that are
actually sent to a public forum can self-ratify. So if a URL is
purporting to be a report...

(Of course, it doesn't matter for a Rulekeepor report as that
rightfully doesn't self-ratify anyway. But it could be a problem in
other cases.)

--
ais523