You clearly understand my point, though. Since V.J. is referring to a pledge that doesn't exist, saying "the pledge above is true" just doesn't really mean anything. I wouldn't call them "lies", or "intending to mislead" because I don't see any of that in there.

If you want me to change the /terminology/, sure, I will do that, but I'm afraid I am rather hidebound in my decision.