On Mon, 2018-11-26 at 19:48 -0500, Jacob Arduino wrote:
> Oh, okay.  A couple quick questions: should I repost in Business, or
> just be careful in the future?  Also, CFJs go in Business, right?

Now that you've posted it, it may as well be posted. Rules-wise, the
public fora are all equivalent to each other, so the only reason to use
a particular public forum is to make it easier for other people to find
your posts. (There have been a few attempted scams in which people
intentionally posted messages to the wrong public forum in the hope
that the messages would be missed, but that tends to be self-defeating
due to the Streisand Effect.)

The general rule is that things go to -official if they're officer
reports that help players understand the gamestate; if you want to know
what the state of the game is at the moment, you can check through the
reports in -official to find the one that describes what you want to
know about. Individual voting posts aren't a very helpful form for
that, so the Assessor will post a summary of all the votes for the
record to -official once the voting period has ended, but the voting
posts themselves go to -business.

CFJs go to -business; a helpful rule for this is that if you want to
take a game action but are doing so voluntarily (rather than because
you have a duty to do so), it always goes to -business. (There's an
exception for actions that are highly related to, and prompted by, a
report; however, even posting those along with the report can be
controversial.)

--
ais523