This seems like a good idea in principle, but as drafted I think it
opens up the possibility for abuse in cases where the Referee is an
interested party.  What about a proposal that did the following -- (1)
permits the Arbitor to recuse emself, naming another willing player to
act as Arbitor, provided that the other player is reasonably
disinterested in the outcome of the case; (2) permits any player with
Agoran Consent to require the Arbitor, or any player acting as the
Arbitor, to recuse emself in favor of a specified other player; and
(3) permits a player to initiate that procedure at the time the CFJ is
initiated, in which case the Arbitor is prohibited from taking any
action  on the CFJ other than recusing emself for 7 days (giving
enough time for the calling player to obtain Agoran Consent to recuse
the Arbitor).

Maybe that's a little too convoluted--but I do think there's a need to
account for the situation where the Referee is the interested party,
rather than (or in addition to) the Arbitor.