On Fri, Feb 22, 2019 at 6:34 AM Cuddle Beam <cuddleb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> (It's instructive to note what happened to B Nomic; it was also rather
> >> long-running in terms of gameplay, but when the players noticed that it
> >> had been ossified for years, it just died altogether; there were never
> >> enough players interested in a revival.)

It wasn't just that there "weren't enough players" interested.  Nomic
can be played with a very small number of players.  Part of it was, on
the few occasions that someone tried to re-start, there was direct
vocal opposition from persons on the mailing list, saying "B-nomic is
frozen in amber, we like it that way, regardless of whether you call
it a reboot or continuation, don't try to restart play on this mailing
list."  So there's an active defense of its frozen state being played
out via control of the medium (at least there was a couple years ago).