On Wed, Jun 5, 2019 at 6:30 PM James Cook <jc...@cs.berkeley.edu> wrote:
> (I'm not suggesting we use Discourse, just that maybe similar options are
> available with the current software.)

It seems Mailman does support something like that:

https://wiki.list.org/DEV/DMARC
https://www.gnu.org/software/mailman/mailman-admin/sender-filters.html

...Okay, I've gone ahead and set dmarc_moderation_action to "Munge
From" on all three lists.  Changing the From address is annoying
(sorry Murphy), but it only applies to messages from domains with
p=reject DMARC entries, and the alternative is for those messages to
not be deliverable properly.

Incidentally, Gmail seems to accept such messages but send them to
Spam.  I set my Agora filter to never send to Spam, so I get a banner
saying "This message was not sent to Spam because of a filter you
created."