On Sun, 7 Jul 2019 at 21:12, Aris Merchant
<thoughtsoflifeandligh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 6, 2019 at 3:36 PM omd <c.ome...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Sat, Jul 6, 2019 at 7:52 AM James Cook <jc...@cs.berkeley.edu> wrote:
> > > Withdraw Rule 2597 (Line-item Veto).
> >
> > Why that rule?  It's only a few months old; there are a lot of other
> > rules that are much more stale.
>
> It’s never been used, and IMO it’s more annoying than anything else.

Well, G. said e proposed the rule to illustrate a security hole in
R106, which eir "power-limit precedence" proposal, soon to be adopted,
is meant to fix. Should we could wait for someone to try to test that
before repealing the rule? Personally I plan to keep voting "AGAINST
if a Notice of Veto has been published..." on most proposals I'd
otherwise vote FOR until the threat of unexpected last-minute vetos
goes away.

--
- Falsifian