On 10/26/19 8:53 PM, Gaelan Steele wrote:
TL;DR: No “officeholders”; anyone can do a job if it hasn’t been done yet that
{week,month}. They get paid for doing so, and get paid more if they’ve been
doing it consistently or if it’s been overdue for a while.

This is an interesting idea - but I think it might disincentivize publishing preliminary information and having public utilities for generating reports. Right now, I have some public code that formats assessments; if another player could take that code and publish an assessment, then someone else can just use the work I've put in to get a reward. This means it's harmful for people to publish code, so some people might just keep it a secret, which hurts both future historical research and the community as a whole.

Of course, I'm not doing the work of Assessor solely because I get a few coins for it, but I do worry that this idea might move incentives in the wrong direction.

--
Jason Cobb