On Wed, 2020-01-08 at 18:40 -0800, Aris Merchant via agora-discussion
wrote:
> I made several changes, including clarifying that the judiciary has
> judicial review over memoranda. I also decided to go in the direction
> of making memoranda purely interpretative, because I have other plans
> for gamestate changes that have more safeguards. I've allowed them to
> be like CFJs or regulations, depending on what's called for. I also
> reduced the power to 2.0, to put them on the same level as CFJs. And
> so on. In short, there are a lot of changes, and it may just be worth
> rereading.

A thought struck me: why not make memoranda the second most important
factor in interpreting the rules (after the text of the rules
themselves), by amending rule 217, and otherwise do nothing? That would
seem to produce the intended effect in a much simpler way.

--
ais523