On Sun, 19 Jan 2020 at 17:16, Jason Cobb via agora-discussion <
agora-discussion@agoranomic.org> wrote:

> On 1/18/20 11:07 PM, Alexis Hunt via agora-discussion wrote:
> > Ah, I see where we were thinking differently. Yes, I think your idea
> works
> > then, so long as it happens earlier in the week before the officer
> > publishes the report and the obligation is live. Once the report is
> > published, the obligation is fulfilled until the start of the next week,
> > whereupon it would be possible again.
> >
> > I think a better way to frame it might be to rephrase in terms of
> > obligations. So 1 becomes "There is an obligation on the holder of that
> > office, by virtue of holding that office, to perform the action.", 3
> > becomes "a time limit applicable to that obligation has been violated",
> etc.
>
> Sure those make sense (as does as a general statute of limitations).
>

> > While we're here, I think that condition 4 could do with some clean-ups?
>
> What's wrong with condition 4?

Nothing wrong with it per se, but the announcement of intent is not the
most relevant thing any more. I wonder if we should increase the situations
where it's used or get rid of it. One option would be that non-temporary
deputization for a non-interim office must be announced in advanced; i.e.,
someone who got into office by election is entitled to notice that you are
threatening to usurp them.

Alexis