On Thu, Jan 30, 2020 at 7:53 AM Alexis Hunt via agora-business <
agora-busin...@agoranomic.org> wrote:

> > > I intend, with 2 Agoran consent, to flip the chamber of this proposal
> > > Efficiency.

> > > I intend, with 2 Agoran consent, to flip the chamber of this proposal
> > > Economy.
> > >
> > > -Alexis
> >

> > > You can do it by announcement by retracting and resubmitting the
> > proposal.
> > I won’t mind (especially given that we’re all just getting used to the
> new
> > order).
> >
> > -Aris
> >

> Arright, I retract the above proposals and resubmit ones that are identical
> but have the chambers indicated in the quoted message.
>
> Also, one other correction; I resubmit the proposal "Clearer Resolutions"
> and submit one that's identical except with the following added at the end:
> {{
> Amend Rule 2034 (Vote Protection and Cutoff for Challenges) to read:
> {
> A public message purporting to resolve an Agoran decision is a
> self-ratifying attestation that:
>
> 1. such a decision existed;
> 2. it had the outcome indicated;
> 3. if the indicated outcome was to adopt a proposal, that such a decision
> existed, was adopted, and took effect by virtue of the resolution;
> 4. if the indicated outcome was to elect a person to an office and if the
> person was eligible for that office, that that person won the election and
> took office.
> }
> }}
>
> (In the future, would you prefer that those sort of corrections be done by
> repasting the text? I've assumed not but I'm happy to continue them
> particularly for when I left a rule out like this. Whichever's easier for
> you.)

In general, if the text is changed, I’d strongly prefer to have the full
proposal reposted. That’s less important if it’s just one of the properties
that’s getting changed like this, though it’s still nice because it
increases the chances I’ll notice.

So I guess the rule of thumb is that a full resubmission is preferred in
general, except when the changes are made in response to a draft like your
chamber switchings were, and strongly requested for text changes regardless
of the circumstances.

-Aris