On Sat, Feb 1, 2020 at 4:05 PM Jason Cobb via agora-business
<agora-busin...@agoranomic.org> wrote:

> On 2/1/20 6:57 PM, Aris Merchant via agora-business wrote:
> > I intend, with 2 support, to group-file a motion to reconsider.
>
> I self-file a motion to reconsider in CFJ 3788.
>

> > This
> > seems to me to fundamentally misunderstand how switches work. Per
> > 2162, "At any given time, each instance of a switch has exactly one
> > possible value for that type of switch. If an instance of a switch
> > comes to have a value, it ceases to have any other value." This means
> > that if a switch starts having a value, it keeps having that value
> > until something else changes its value back. A switch's value can't
> > just decline to propagate; it continues until another value takes its
> > place. I further endorse the comments of Falsifian and omd (I think,
> > I'll confess that at this point I'm having trouble fully understanding
> > this mess, but I definitely know that this judgement doesn't make
> > sense).
> >

> > -Aris
>

> I'm sorry, all. I went back and forth several times, and this judgement
> made sense to me when I submitted it, but I was running up on the
> deadline (which is of course my fault), so I rushed a little bit to get
> this out. You all are right on this matter.

No worries, it happens to all of us. That's why we have review
mechanisms in place. The review of others is the best way of catching
errors, and everyone makes an error from time to time. Your legal
reasoning is generally very good, and I look forward to seeing how you
respond to the concerns people have raised. :)

Now, all we need is a final person to support the motion to reconsider...

-Aris

-Aris